+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP-EXT for PGWP letter, is it normal? Please help.

erikyle

Feb 21, 2021
I applied for PGWP recently. So I got this letter today. It states

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on ________(yyyy/mm/dd)
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit Number _______ as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until ________ or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Regulations.

The first blank is the date I applied. The second one is my SP document number. The last one is 4 months after the application date. I'll start work after five days of the third blank. What if my PGWP can't be approved until that date?

I saw most people in this forum only got this letter when they apply for BOWP. I am wondering if it is normal to receive this letter when applying for PGWP. Thank you!

Ramsingh02821

Mar 16, 2021
I applied for PGWP recently. So I got this letter today. It states

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on ________(yyyy/mm/dd)
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit Number _______ as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until ________ or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Regulations.

The first blank is the date I applied. The second one is my SP document number. The last one is 4 months after the application date. I'll start work after five days of the third blank. What if my PGWP can't be approved until that date?

I saw most people in this forum only got this letter when they apply for BOWP. I am wondering if it is normal to receive this letter when applying for PGWP. Thank you!

Same here , i just applied my pgwp , and i got this letter

Madhusha12

Feb 16, 2017
Can i leave Canada after applying for wok permit extension and still continue working? My current work permit is valid until End of July. At least until end of July?

Choudhary2800

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I didn't received this letter yet. I applied on 6th May. Its a week now still not received this. Is it mandatory to receive this letter.