+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would love to get my fiance in Canada via work permit

Hazey

Jun 13, 2010
Hello,

So here's our predicament. We actually have started our process for a fiance visa so I could move to the US myself, however, I'm getting some serious cold feet about moving to the US. So, I was curious if it would be possible for him to come up here instead.

We haven't gotten married yet because the terms of our US immigration visa was that we wouldn't get married (It's a fiance visa.) And I want to try and sell this as a potentially faster way for us to be together. Is it possible for him to receive a work permit of some kind, while we spend some time together, and get our marriage planned/executed and a more permanent visa lined up?

I had taken the skilled workers self assessment test for him and sadly he only reached 53 points (67 required to pass.) This was also granted he did not receive a guaranteed job offer really there are 10 more potential points. He does have 2 years of work experience in a qualified career for skilled workers, however he does not have the post secondary education to go with it (which is why we're shy of the 67 point passing grade)

I suppose what I'm getting at here is what are our options? What sort of jobs are available via temporary work visa? I've seen a ton of people come up for farming related jobs in the summer however is there anything more.. year round?

Also I am curious if I can get my parents to co sponsor us if we decide to take the marriage visa route? I see that my spouse can, but if he is leaving his job to move to Canada he isn't going to be making much money when he first gets up here eh? We're both young (in our early 20s) and are anything but well off. We just want to be together as soon as we can.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.