+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would like help with complicated situation

xcherryluvz

May 19, 2020
I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but recently my cousin from Vietnam was tricked by her mother and was sold to China, she’s 16 and her dad is not alive. But I would like to help her but I’m not sure where to start. Is it possible for me to get her here through the refugee way? I’m a Canadian citizen and I’m currently in the process of sponsoring my American spouse. Do I have to wait or is there something I can do?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but recently my cousin from Vietnam was tricked by her mother and was sold to China, she’s 16 and her dad is not alive. But I would like to help her but I’m not sure where to start. Is it possible for me to get her here through the refugee way? I’m a Canadian citizen and I’m currently in the process of sponsoring my American spouse. Do I have to wait or is there something I can do?
1/ She would have to be recognized by the UNHCR, which doesn't operate in China. So unless she outside China or Vietnam, there isn't much anyone can do at this point in time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your best chance of helping her is working with a human trafficking group in Vietnam. This won’t mean that she can come to Canada but she will hopefully find safety.