+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

would a current work permit application affect a sponsorship application?

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Facts:
1. This is my second year in Canada, came here with a student permit, now I am on a work permit
2. I am currently on a work permit which expires on May 2010, I am a skilled worker, level A
3. My employer is currently applying for a new LMO due to changes in my location and extension of the work permit. I have done a concurrent application of a work permit which is in process (it takes 80+ days for them to process the work permit)
4. I am getting married on the 1st of August with a Canadian , and am planning to apply for PR under the family class a day after the ceremony. From the other forums, I found out that we could submit the solemnization of marriage and indicate that we would be submitting the certificate of marriage once we get it

My question: Would my current application for a work permit affect the sponsorship application? Is it really feasible that we send the record of solemnization in the application, and later on sending in the marriage certificate (it takes about 8-12 weeks to get the marriage certificate in Ontario)?