+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working without PGWP

syed70in

Apr 20, 2021
I am planning to study in a private career college which is not eligible for post graduation work permit. I need to know if study in this college, can I able to work in Canada after my graduation

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No. That is why you attend a public college

You need to find an employer who has a job offer and a LMIA (prove no Canadian or PR can do the job). After paying $1000+ and filling out all the paperwork, the processing takes months. Then you apply for a closed work permit...takes months. Positive LMIAS are very difficult to get.

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
i studied in private college as a personal support worker and worked part time and applied to hsw. Now im working on implied status fulltime until i receive my owp.
if you find an employer willing to do lmia. As long as the client needs medical support the 1000 fee is waived. They must advertise to 3different job sites for one month. One of the three must be jobbank and one ad must be running at the time of application.
at this time Lmia's and wps for caregiving are essential and are being prioritized so the process can be completed in three months.
if you can afford to study at a public school then go ahead because it is easier. But if private is your only option then give it a try.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Too bad our consultant told the primary applicant can’t work. My wife also studied at a private college and since the e confirms change in the new on on HSW, he said to wait. Almost two years have been wasted now thanks him.