+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Visa granted within Canada (Australian).

TeamCatfish

Mar 4, 2014
Long story short, I met my partner 18 months ago and we've been in a long distance relationship since. I was planning on moving over to Canada in May this year, but due to her Father being diagnosed with cancer I decided to get over there a little sooner on a holiday visa (3 months) to support her.

I've applied for my working visa and it's currently in the process of (hopefully) being granted. My question is since I'll be in Canada when it is most likely granted, can I stay in the country? I've booked a flight back to Australia as required (under the conditions of a holiday visa) but ideally I'd prefer to stay in Canada if my Working Visa is granted.

Does anyone else have experience in this area?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TeamCatfish said:
Long story short, I met my partner 18 months ago and we've been in a long distance relationship since. I was planning on moving over to Canada in May this year, but due to her Father being diagnosed with cancer I decided to get over there a little sooner on a holiday visa (3 months) to support her.

I've applied for my working visa and it's currently in the process of (hopefully) being granted. My question is since I'll be in Canada when it is most likely granted, can I stay in the country? I've booked a flight back to Australia as required (under the conditions of a holiday visa) but ideally I'd prefer to stay in Canada if my Working Visa is granted.

Does anyone else have experience in this area?
1. You have to leave Canada, (Border port with US) and re-enter to validate your work permit.