+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Remotely, will it affect my Inland PR and OWP application?

Bisdakko!

Nov 27, 2021
Hello, I need some advice. I have been in Canada for a year now processing my PR and OWP, and it’s almost a year now since I submitted my application. They haven't started processing my applications. I only got a Temporary AOR and after that no update which really causing me so much stress. The whole time of waiting already affected my mental state and made me feel so useless, so I found a remote job through UPWORK(Freelancer job site). I got two clients; one is in the USA, and the other is in Montreal, Canada, but both clients pay me USD through Paypal. I am very nervous since I do not want to lose my job and worry about my applications. Do you think it would affect my Permanent Residency application along with my Open work Permit? Do you think IRCC have a capacity to track this?

Please feel free to share your thoughts and Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I need some advice. I have been in Canada for a year now processing my PR and OWP, and it’s almost a year now since I submitted my application. They haven't started processing my applications. I only got a Temporary AOR and after that no update which really causing me so much stress. The whole time of waiting already affected my mental state and made me feel so useless, so I found a remote job through UPWORK(Freelancer job site). I got two clients; one is in the USA, and the other is in Montreal, Canada, but both clients pay me USD through Paypal. I am very nervous since I do not want to lose my job and worry about my applications. Do you think it would affect my Permanent Residency application along with my Open work Permit? Do you think IRCC have a capacity to track this?

Please feel free to share your thoughts and Thank you in advance.
You can work for the client in the USA. However you cannot work for the client in Canada since you do not hold a work permit. Working for a client in Canada is classified as working illegally. I would recommend that you stop the illegal work if you want to avoid all risks to your application, but your choice of course.

It doesn't matter how the Canadian client pays you. This is still classified as illegal work.

Reactions: YVR123