+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working remotely for a province other than nominated for PR

manthanp01

Dec 4, 2019
Hello,

I have a scenario I am confused about. Say If I am nominated by Ontario under PNP, and I get PR I will for sure stay in Ontario, but while residing in Ontario, can I work remotely for a company in other province for eg. Quebec? Is there any criteria for PNP that after getting PR, I should work only in Ontario based company? Ofcourse I oblige to stay and reside in ontario since I have expressed my interest to stay in that province earlier, but suppose the situation is that I am working in India currently in a Canada based company with office in Quebec only, but then under OINP I go to Ontario so I will ofcourse leave my current Indian job, but if the company offers that I can work remotely from Ontario as well and occasionally travel to Quebec if required, will this create any problem to my PR based on OINP? Do the tax, EI and other province based things get affected due to this?

dkv1986

Aug 30, 2019
Hello,

I have a scenario I am confused about. Say If I am nominated by Ontario under PNP, and I get PR I will for sure stay in Ontario, but while residing in Ontario, can I work remotely for a company in other province for eg. Quebec? Is there any criteria for PNP that after getting PR, I should work only in Ontario based company? Ofcourse I oblige to stay and reside in ontario since I have expressed my interest to stay in that province earlier, but suppose the situation is that I am working in India currently in a Canada based company with office in Quebec only, but then under OINP I go to Ontario so I will ofcourse leave my current Indian job, but if the company offers that I can work remotely from Ontario as well and occasionally travel to Quebec if required, will this create any problem to my PR based on OINP? Do the tax, EI and other province based things get affected due to this?
Hi Manthanp,

I'm in similar situation, did you find any solution regarding your query?

Lokeeey

Dec 14, 2023
Hello,

Did you figure it out? Any update on it?