+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working on Visitor visa?

Mar 20, 2023
Hello all,

I came across an article which mentioned that you can now work in Canada (ontario) with visitors visa as well.
Can anyone let me know if this is actually happening? If yes, what is the process?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,

I came across an article which mentioned that you can now work in Canada (ontario) with visitors visa as well.
Can anyone let me know if this is actually happening? If yes, what is the process?
You cannot do that. You can be a visitor in Canada, find a job, get an approved LMIA (employer pays $1k and proves no Canadian could be hired, only you) and then you apply for a closed work permit. You can be a visitor in Canada while everything is being processed but cannot work until approved for work permit. Can take up to a year so have a lot of funds.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

No, this isn't happening. You have misunderstood what you read.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Hello all,

I think you are refereeing this notice from the GoC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/visit-to-work.html

If you look in the article the excerpt with eligibility criteria is listed as below

To be eligible to apply, an applicant looking to benefit from this temporary public policy must
  • have valid status in Canada as a visitor on the day they apply
  • have a job offer that is supported by a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) or an LMIA-exempt offer of employment
  • submit an application for an employer-specific work permit no later than February 28, 2025
  • meet all other standard admissibility criteria

ditomathew

Feb 27, 2023
I believe she is referring to this - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/what-is-work.html

What kind of activities are not considered to be “work”?

• long distance (by telephone or Internet) work done by a temporary resident whose employer is outside Canada and who is remunerated from outside Canada;
So if the employer is outside Canada and has no clients in Canada, then he/she can work in Canada under a visitor visa without a work permit.