+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working on Post graduate work permit EE update after 19th Nov

rmaity

Jun 30, 2016
Hi experts need suggestions:
Working for last two years with same employer on PGWP, with the new changes people working with PGWP is not accepted or 50 points.

For the valid job offer I answered: no
If I want to say yes for valid job offer and filled out all the new questions, among them one question is: NOC code written on your Work permit (PGWP do not have NOC code). If I left empty it saying in progress.

My question is
In that case should I answer Valid job offer no ? and it should not consider as misrepresentation ?

Thanks in Advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rmaity said:
Hi experts need suggestions:
Working for last two years with same employer on PGWP, with the new changes people working with PGWP is not accepted or 50 points.

For the valid job offer I answered: no
If I want to say yes for valid job offer and filled out all the new questions, among them one question is: NOC code written on your Work permit (PGWP do not have NOC code). If I left empty it saying in progress.

My question is
In that case should I answer Valid job offer no ? and it should not consider as misrepresentation ?
You can read here how IRCC defines 'valid job offer' -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

You should answer no. You would still need to get an LMIA and a written (future) job offer to get the 50 points.

rmaity

Jun 30, 2016
Thanks @jies_ON. I was curious about what to answer on valid job offer. My score is 495 after addition of Canadian education, expecting ITA in next draw. Making sure what I entered in my EE profile is absolutely correct.

Working PGWP holders does not included in Valid job offer category unless they have new LMIA exemption wright ?

Thanks again.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rmaity said:
Thanks @jies_ON. I was curious about what to answer on valid job offer. My score is 495 after addition of Canadian education, expecting ITA in next draw. Making sure what I entered in my EE profile is absolutely correct.

Working PGWP holders does not included in Valid job offer category unless they have new LMIA exemption wright ?
Ah - if someone is working under a PGWP, they can work without an LMIA, but would require an LMIA in order to be eligible for the points. You guys get the points for Canadian education, so, it's fair.

The foreign worker categories that are eligible (without the LMIA) include NAFTA, and ICT workers, a couple of others...

Your score sounds competitive, good luck!

rmaity

Jun 30, 2016
I am in CEC.
I have another situation: My PGWP will expiring on March 2017, I got job offer upto 2019 March with LMIA exempted code from same employer, need to apply for work permit soon on that basis. Can I consider this as job offer for 50 points?
If you can discuss this please.