+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working on Implied Status

m4me

Aug 12, 2014
I applied for BOWP online (received AOR). However, I haven't received an update yet. I've read that I can continue working on Implied status until a decision has been made.

But what about my SIN number since it expires with my work permit? Will it be an issue?

Thanks!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In that case, you cannot change your jobs or anything as your new employer would not be able to verify your SIN Number as it would be disabled in the CRA system. You can either continue working with the same employer, get your BOWP figured out, visit service Canada and reactivate your SIN number on your new work permit and then change employers.

hope that helps!

redgdon

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
m4me said:
I applied for BOWP online (received AOR). However, I haven't received an update yet. I've read that I can continue working on Implied status until a decision has been made.

But what about my SIN number since it expires with my work permit? Will it be an issue?

Thanks!
You will also need to inform your Provincial Healthcare Department. Not sure where you are in the world, but here in Manitoba they give you a 90 day extension of coverage until you get your new WP, providing you give them proof that you applied for a new WP, including the date of the application.