+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working on Expired OCWP while applied for PGWP

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hey guys,
I really need your help because my head is hurting so bad :(

This stupid thing just came into my mind because i am waiting for my AOR since 7 weeks and no money was en cashed from my bank..

My Study permit and Off-campus work permit was going to expired on June 30, 2012 but i applied my Post graduation work permit on 1st June 2014 (before my study permit/off campus work permit expire). After June 30 I had no status but i already applied for Post -Graduation work permit.

I got job on July 7, 2012 and start working ( no study/off campus work permit but waiting for decision on my PGWP). Then finally i got PGWP which was valid from July 17 2012.

Do u think did i work illegally since July 7 to July 17 or i was able to work legally under implied status?

Help me plz!!!!!

I don't know why i m asking but so many questions coming in my mind coz of delay in my AOR. so i thought if i worked illegal then this might gonna have serious problem :(

Thanks,

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
backendcode said:
Anyone can help me with this ?
Thanks
Have you called to ask them why there is a delay? You were not out of status after June 30th. You were on implied status, which means your OCWP was covering for the time you were awaiting the PGWP. What I do not know is if you can use an OCWP for post grad work... i really do not think that would be such a huge issue. But I would say the only way you can get an accurate answer is to call them and ask what the delay is for. Then let us know what they say

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
if u applied for pgwp before expiry of ocwp - you are deemed to be under implied status

other way of looking at it - if ur pgwp was approved without request for restoration fees - you are all ok and no illegal status applies