+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Canada reg.

kshyam

Dec 31, 2009
Hi
I am a student from India doing my Master of Science in Electrical Engineering in USA with a F1 visa.

I wanted to know about the immigration procedures for migrating to Canada for work (internships and full time jobs).

I would like to know if I need to get a visa from the consulate for Canada in USA or if I should get back to my home country to get a visa?

Or if I could enter Canada for work with my F1 visa for USA.

Kindly clarify.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your F1 visa does not allow you to enter Canada, or give you any status in Canada. If your original admission was for 1 year or more (since F1 admissions are for D/S, this would be if your I-20 is valid for a year or more) you can apply through the Canadian visa office in the U.S.A. rather than your home country.

kshyam

Dec 31, 2009
ok thanks.

Suppose if i apply and get a job in Canada. Is getting a visa easy or will there strict rules in giving visa.

Any idea how long the visa issued will be valid.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most employer usually prefers local candidates (Canadians) but if you have very specialized skill, which is not available in Canada then your employer can file for Work Permit. You need job offer from Canadian employer. Check this link for further details;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp#outside