+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working hours - Eligiblity for CEC

Duke

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hi All,

I have been following this forum regularly. All answeres are quiet useful and informative. Thanks to all for posting.

I have a question related to total working hours for CEC eligiblity.

1. As per website they have mentioned per week hour as "37.5" , but what if we work more then that ? I used to work 40/week. Same hours has been there on my salary slip. Will they consider it as 40/Week or they wil consider only 37.5/Week ?

2. During two years , I have taken 15 days paid vacation in each year? Will this consider towards the experience ?

3. Public holiday hours, my employeer used to consider this as I am full time employee. So will this be also considered ?

4. Hours during implied status will be considerable ?

I have been working in Canada since 22-June-2009.

Your answers are really apperecited.

Regards,
Duke.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Duke said:
Hi All,

I have been following this forum regularly. All answeres are quiet useful and informative. Thanks to all for posting.

I have a question related to total working hours for CEC eligiblity.

1. As per website they have mentioned per week hour as "37.5" , but what if we work more then that ? I used to work 40/week. Same hours has been there on my salary slip. Will they consider it as 40/Week or they wil consider only 37.5/Week ?

2. During two years , I have taken 15 days paid vacation in each year? Will this consider towards the experience ?

3. Public holiday hours, my employeer used to consider this as I am full time employee. So will this be also considered ?

4. Hours during implied status will be considerable ?

I have been working in Canada since 22-June-2009.

Your answers are really apperecited.

Regards,
Duke.
1. 37.5 per week is an average to give you the total number of hours per year of 1950. You need to meet two criteria if you are applying as a TFW - worked a total of 24 months within a 36 month period and have accumulated AT LEAST 3900 hours of skilled work during that time. So yes, working more than 37.5 hours is fine as long as you have also worked for 24 months.

2. Yes - it's fine

3. Yes - it's fine

4. What do you mean? As long as you are legally able to work (which can include implied status), the hours will be included.