+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Wait list and quota?

HobbesOz

Nov 3, 2014
Hi there.

Im an Australian living and working in Canada and trying to renew my working holiday visa. Ive organized everything and put in my application yesterday online with the new system.

I received a response telling me that I've been put onto the "Wait list" since the quota is already met and I'm not being processed.

Does anyone have any advice, insights or experience with this issue?
Im really confused since on the Australian specific page for the WH program it says under the FAQ section that there is No quota on places for 2014. Here is the link to it, Its the first question. Here is a copy of it since Im not able to post hyperlinks.

FAQ Specific to Australia

1. Is the number of places limited? What is the quota?

There is no limit on the quota for 2014.

My last application was a little more complicated than most since I previously had cancer and required a medical checkup and letter from my Oncologist etc to get the visa. Expecting the same treatment this time I have already flown home, had a MRI and got a new letter from my Oncologist so Im a little disheartened after trying and being prepared and hoping for any advice you guys may have?

Cheers!

HobbesOz

Nov 3, 2014
Pleas Anyone with any information would really help my nerves. My visa is running out and I have a job and a girlfriend here in Canada. The stress is getting to me...