+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa for Americans?

sjahfat

Dec 4, 2011
Hi,

I was wondering if Canada issues working holiday visas for Americans? and where could I find details on the visa.

The International Experience Canada visa doesnt seem to include Americans.

Thanks

Seb

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sjahfat said:
Hi,

I was wondering if Canada issues working holiday visas for Americans? and where could I find details on the visa.

The International Experience Canada visa doesnt seem to include Americans.

Thanks

Seb
There is a USIT working holiday visa, but it is only for US students, valid for 6 months.

sjahfat

Dec 4, 2011
Is there a website that I can check this out?

I found USIT.ie but looks like its catered to the Irish

sjahfat

Dec 4, 2011
My girlfriend is American and would like to live with me in Canada (I'm Canadian). She is finishing up her last year of university in the US in May 2012 and planning on coming to Canada afterwards. So since she will be done school, she wont be able to apply for the USIT one. She graduated from Cornell University (Ivy League school) with a degree in Biology.

Is there any other way she could get to Canada and work without having the one year of skilled experience?

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
sjahfat said:
My girlfriend is American and would like to live with me in Canada (I'm Canadian). She is finishing up her last year of university in the US in May 2012 and planning on coming to Canada afterwards. So since she will be done school, she wont be able to apply for the USIT one. She graduated from Cornell University (Ivy League school) with a degree in Biology.

Is there any other way she could get to Canada and work without having the one year of skilled experience?
I'm pretty sure she can if she gets a work permit, for that you'd have to find an employer willing to sponsor her for that.

On a totally unrelated note, I would think if one graduated from Cornell with a Bio degree they'd get a wicked job in the U.S.