+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday visa extension

Bendelight

Nov 29, 2018
Hello,

I obtained a 1 year working visa on Feb 2018 which states I must seek entry into Canada before Feb 2019. I won’t be able to enter until May 2019... Is there a way to extend my visa so I can enter after my expiry date or do I need to restart the whole process? I’m sure there is a straight forward answer however I can’t seem to find it online! I appreciate your help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I obtained a 1 year working visa on Feb 2018 which states I must seek entry into Canada before Feb 2019. I won’t be able to enter until May 2019... Is there a way to extend my visa so I can enter after my expiry date or do I need to restart the whole process? I’m sure there is a straight forward answer however I can’t seem to find it online! I appreciate your help
1. Nope, you use it by Feb 2019 or you lose it. As you are a UK subject, You can't apply for it again.
2. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=gb&cat=wh&#country_category_name
3. If you want to work in Canada on the IEC, I suggest you make a short trip to Canada before your LOI, expires, then you can leave and return in May 2019 to work out the remainder of the 2 years.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Also remember that if you travel by FEB 2019 that despite fact you do not plan to stay on until after May 2019 you will still need to show 2 years travel insurance from the date you activate your IEC.

Not sure why you say you have a one year IEC given UK citizens get a 2 year work permit when they land in Canada assuming they show the insurance and access to 2500 CDN. Maybe you are reading the validity of the POE letter which is generally valid for a year.

As said above once IEC POE letter has been issued it is a use or lose situation and counts as a participation so no chance to ever apply again.