+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa can be considered as skilled work?

pi3ce

Sep 22, 2015
Hi All,

I'm planning on applying for a WHV next year and would eventually would like to try out for PR after it expires (2 years).

My question is: would I be able to claim the 1 year Canadian experience if I'm able to find a full time job (NOC Type A) for a year + and while on a working holiday visa?

6) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).
Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.
"Skilled work" in the NOC is:
  • managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
  • professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B)
If you aren’t sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC.

Reactions: Icke

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I'm planning on applying for a WHV next year and would eventually would like to try out for PR after it expires (2 years).

My question is: would I be able to claim the 1 year Canadian experience if I'm able to find a full time job (NOC Type A) for a year + and while on a working holiday visa?

6) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).
Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.
"Skilled work" in the NOC is:
  • managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
  • professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B)
If you aren’t sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC.
Yes time working while on IEC can count for CEC.

pi3ce

Sep 22, 2015
Yes a full-time job for 1 year in N0C 0, A or B allows many people to qualify under CEC.
Thanks canuck78. Was looking through the points, don't think I'll still have enough even with 1 year canadian experience :( during the last invite CRS was around 470+