EthanNash

Dec 10, 2012
Hi there,

My situation:
- german in Germany
- 27 years old
- Software-Developer with 5 years experience
- "just" a apprenticeship
- fluent english, basic frensh (and german of course)
- reaching 61 points in skilled worker test without a job

At the moment i am switching to be a self-employed software-developer earning money through the internet (selling software online).
Unfortunately i read that it might take years to get into Canada with the self-employed business visa.

But what alternatives do i have?

I could go for a Working Holiday (1 year) and find a job which gets an approved LMO for me so i can stay longer.
But that means i have to be employee again for at least 2 years before i can get permanent resident, right?
IF i find an employer which gets a valid LMO...

What options do i have?

Thanks a lot in advance!
EN

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't actually qualify under the self-employed category. The self-employed category doesn't just require you to be self-employed - there are other very specific requirements as well. Based on the information you've provided - you wouldn't qualify.

It sounds like one close fit would be the skilled worker stream where no job offer in Canada is required. This program is set to re-open and start accepting applications again in early 2013. You can find out more and join the discussions below. Note that you can expect a great deal of competition for the spaces that will become available.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html

And yes - another option would be to find an employer in Canada and work for a year before applying for PR (the requirements are currently 2 years of experience in Canada but this is due to drop to 1 year starting next year).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also try Quebec skilled worker. No job offer is needed but you must intend to live in Quebec.