+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Question!?

Marshall1209

Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys

I received an invitation to apply for a working holiday two weeks ago and completed and submitted all forms within a day. However the police certificate I submitted was 7 months old as opposed to 6 so the cic have asked me to provide a new one of these.
My question is that it has already been two weeks before I received this document request - does this count towards the 8 week deadline or will my application take 8 weeks from when they receive the new police certificate ?
Thank you :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Any process time that IRCC quote is simply an average not a commitment. Some IEC applications can get processed in a couple of weeks some longer but the main thing is to meet the deadlines for any document submissions or biometrics. So there is no way to predict whether will take 8 weeks from time they receive an updated certificate or whether as soon as they get it if that was the only thing they were waiting on you get approved straight away. Just have to wait it out and be patient. As per attached it implies may take upto 56 days not a commit one way or the other

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/application-process-glance.html