+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working for the Canadian government

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am currently in the healthcare/public health field and I was looking into applying to work for the government. Does anyone here have any experience working for or applying to jobs for the Government of Canada?

Thank you!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi everyone,
I am currently in the healthcare/public health field and I was looking into applying to work for the government. Does anyone here have any experience working for or applying to jobs for the Government of Canada?

Thank you!
I used to work for a ESDC. The position you’re applying for would give the language requirements. Either bilingual imperative or not . Typically in the NCR and Quebec for sure you have to be bilingual. Other departments depends
Language testing is part of the process. If you fail the testing and it’s a bilingual imperative position , they’ll just yank you out of the process
FYI , the hiring process for the Feds takes a much longer time then in the private sector

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
I used to work for a ESDC. The position you’re applying for would give the language requirements. Either bilingual imperative or not . Typically in the NCR and Quebec for sure you have to be bilingual. Other departments depends
Language testing is part of the process. If you fail the testing and it’s a bilingual imperative position , they’ll just yank you out of the process
FYI , the hiring process for the Feds takes a much longer time then in the private sector
Thank you for your response! How did you find the application process overall? Does one have to apply several times before getting a call? Also, what was the work environment like where you worked (positive, negative, neutral.. etc)?

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response! How did you find the application process overall? Does one have to apply several times before getting a call? Also, what was the work environment like where you worked (positive, negative, neutral.. etc)?

Thank you!
Every department is different. You can’t make generalizations based on a huge employer. Expect that it may take a while to get a position in public health. It is a popular degree but the amount of jobs doesn’t really match the amount of graduates especially at the masters degree level. Many of the public health jobs are really nursing jobs. Covid has likely created jobs on a positive note although maybe contract temporary jobs.

Last edited:

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018

Thank you!
Hi - here's a little tip for you - take your French language skills to a region of Canada where there isn't a large french speaking population, like Alberta or Saskatchewan. Some bilingual positions sit empty in those areas.

Feb 6, 2019
Namibia windheok
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Refuge &assyrien seeker
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
looking to get nominated
Doc's Request.
private sponsors
Nomination.....
refuge &asylum seekers
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
depending on your ability
File Transfer...
February 5 /2019
Med's Request
reference 2019 - 52452
Med's Done....
February 5 /2019
Interview........
not yet been
Passport Req..
still waiting for your granted
VISA ISSUED...
not yet done
LANDED..........
none
Every department is different. You can’t make generalizations based on a huge employer. Expect that it may take a while to get a position in public health. It is a popular degree but the amount of jobs doesn’t really match the amount of graduates especially at the masters degree level. Many of the public health jobs are really nursing jobs. Covid has likely created jobs on a positive note although maybe contract temporary jobs.
I do need a job because i am a jobless, POOREST MAN a suffering person as Refugee ,the reason why i am always making searches for you to have mercy on me so i can get favor infront of your loyality so you may grant my job request as my SPONSOR ,so don't stone your hearts as human beings all we need any helps from many needs .so i am aware CANADIANS PEOPLE are hospitalise known at allover the Galaxy.
I am MULTI SPOKEN LINGUAGES MAN as : ENGLISH, FRENCH and PORTUGUESE .
Thanks for your time ,kindness and gentilless yours.