+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa refusal - PR application

missquestion

Jun 22, 2021
Hi all,

I am currently working in Canada with a WP issued in 2019. Got here in Dec 2019. My first visa was REFUSED, it said that I didn't possessed the requisite advance proprietary knowledge to meet the threshold of specialized knowledge required for a successful application pursuant to the intra company transfer category. My application was resubmitted one month later and was subsequently approved.

I applied in EE and got an ITA two weeks ago, I am about to send my files now. I am concerned that my first visa refusal will be a problem for my PR.

My profile: single, no kids, bachelors degree, post graduate degree, 10 years experience in the same company, 8 grade in ELTS. The company will also prepare a job letter for my PR application.

Will my first visa refusal be a problem?

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hi all,

I am currently working in Canada with a WP issued in 2019. Got here in Dec 2019. My first visa was REFUSED, it said that I didn't possessed the requisite advance proprietary knowledge to meet the threshold of specialized knowledge required for a successful application pursuant to the intra company transfer category. My application was resubmitted one month later and was subsequently approved.

I applied in EE and got an ITA two weeks ago, I am about to send my files now. I am concerned that my first visa refusal will be a problem for my PR.

My profile: single, no kids, bachelors degree, post graduate degree, 10 years experience in the same company, 8 grade in ELTS. The company will also prepare a job letter for my PR application.

Will my first visa refusal be a problem?
Visa refusal has no impact on your pr case as far as you declare it and the refusal was not on grounds of inadmissibility.