+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
You can apply for jobs from India, if there is an interest they would contact you. I recently got a job in Canada, I just looked at relevant opening on LinkedIn and then applied on to company's official website. I applied to around 25 positions in Canada, just to show my ties with Ontario when next tech draw happens. I was not expecting a call but ended up with calls from 2 companies. One was looking only for PR (they kind of missed that on my resume), other one was ready to sponsor for work permit till my PR is processed. 8 rounds (One more HR I think) of Microsoft teams interviews went over a month and I was offered that position.

But if you are say a HR representative in India, you might not get a call from Canada as there is no scarcity of that resource over there. Same goes if you are an engineering graduate, as there are many foreign students who come for advance education in Canada. But if you are in a niche specialization, with masters or PhD with 6 or more experience under your belt, you have chance. To give perspective, company recruiters have contacted me in past (on LinkedIn) for positions in Europe and Australia. It's just people have told me its difficult to get offer in Canada, especially in middle of pandemic.

You can try to reach recruiters on LinkedIn and go for head hunters, but try to be careful as there are many scams going on. Anyone who asks for money is an immediate red flag.

Reactions: YVR123

Brigante

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Good Morning All,

Please I would be glad if someone with similar experience can help me out

1. I have a job offer in Canada
2. My Employer has processed and received a positive LMIA
3. I have submitted my Work permit application.

Now the question I have are as follows:

a. Can I apply for an open work permit for my spouse and study permits for my kids (2) right now (Seeing as I don't know the status of my application yet)
OR Do I wait till get a positive response to my Work Permit Application?

b. Do I simply apply for a Tourist visa for them after i have gotten positive feedback on my Work Permit Application?

c. I'd really want to arrive in Canada with them.

Please anyone should please assist.

seroop

Nov 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I'ma an international student and my husband submitted his application for open work permit in August but we are still waiting for an answer about the WP, as of November we did not receive any news about it. (He already had biometrics)
Is there anyone who applied for open WP in August or close to August and waiting for reply or granted their permits in these days?

Reactions: Miracle2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I'ma an international student and my husband submitted his application for open work permit in August but we are still waiting for an answer about the WP, as of November we did not receive any news about it. (He already had biometrics)
Is there anyone who applied for open WP in August or close to August and waiting for reply or granted their permits in these days?
Recommend you join discussions in the Foreign Workers section of the forum. There are a number of existing threads there discussing SOWP timelines.

Reactions: seroop

samkan

Feb 8, 2021
I have visitor visa and applied for work permit can I stay in Canada until decision is made or I have to leave in 6 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have visitor visa and applied for work permit can I stay in Canada until decision is made or I have to leave in 6 months
You can stay but will need to apply for a visitor record while you wait. This is for a LMIA approved closed work permit?