+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit will expire soon

vilma

Jun 29, 2010
Good day!
My existing work permit will expire on August 12, 2010 and was not renewed by my present employer, rightnow I'm on the process of looking for a new employer and I was able to find one and I was told that they would issue me an LMO, what should I do next do I apply for a work permit while waiting for the LMO before my existing work permit expires or should I wait first for the LMO and what type of work permit should I apply is it restoration or extension, please help me...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vilma said:
Good day!
My existing work permit will expire on August 12, 2010 and was not renewed by my present employer, rightnow I'm on the process of looking for a new employer and I was able to find one and I was told that they would issue me an LMO, what should I do next do I apply for a work permit while waiting for the LMO before my existing work permit expires or should I wait first for the LMO and what type of work permit should I apply is it restoration or extension, please help me...
Wait for the LMO before applying for the WP, unless your job type is one of those that can be done concurrently (LMO is processing and your WP being processed).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
vilma said:
what type of work permit is it restoration or extension...
Would be change of status (new employer). You are still "in status", your WP expiring in August. It takes less than one month to process WP for new employer.