+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restrictions

Muraha

Dec 20, 2019
Hi.
I had Young Professionals work permit in Canada many years ago (IEC Canada Programme).
It was employer specific (I had an offer of employment with occupation "C").

My work permit said:

Employer: "Company A"

Restrictions:
1. Must leave Canada before date .....;
2. Not authorised to study.
3. Not authorised to work for other employer than stated.
4. Not authorised to work in other occupation than stated.

Tha question is: was I allowed to perform any duties at any position with my employer, or only stated in my intended work contract?

Thank you all!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.
I had Young Professionals work permit in Canada many years ago (IEC Canada Programme).
It was employer specific (I had an offer of employment with occupation "C").

My work permit said:

Employer: "Company A"

Restrictions:
1. Must leave Canada before date .....;
2. Not authorised to study.
3. Not authorised to work for other employer than stated.
4. Not authorised to work in other occupation than stated.

Tha question is: was I allowed to perform any duties at any position with my employer, or only stated in my intended work contract?

Thank you all!
YPs are specific to a role. As you said, the YP visa you had was approved for a NOC C occupation. So this assumes you would have been doing that NOC C role.

What is your question exactly? What are you worried about? If you are asking if you can claim this time as NOC A, B or 0 work experience - the answer would be no.

Muraha

Dec 20, 2019
YPs are specific to a role. As you said, the YP visa you had was approved for a NOC C occupation. So this assumes you would have been doing that NOC C role.

What is your question exactly? What are you worried about? If you are asking if you can claim this time as NOC A, B or 0 work experience - the answer would be no.
Thank you for the reply.
No, there was no NOC code many years ago for YP programme. My position was about C level of NOC in the employment contract, but I performed much of the duties of D level. And Now I want to mention truth and real job in my EE application. Did my wоrk permit allowed me to work at any position with my employer?