+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Restoration Refused

wpicks

Apr 4, 2012
Howdy all,
Wanting a little advice on how to proceed.....
I have lived and worked in Canada since 2007. I am married to a Canadian who I have been with since 2004, have one Canadian child, and a second on the way. (May 20th)
Anyhoos, I have been on Work Permits since arriving. Basically I have been jumping all the hoops to apply for Skilled Migrant Residency, but the hoops keep getting changed and delayed.
In all this time my work permit expired, so I applied for a new one. I was told I should apply for restoration. Today I was informed that my application for restoration of status has been denied. It is past the 90 days basically due to the delays in getting the LMO and get replies to my new permit application. I currently have a positive LMO.
My question is, should I to the border crossing to try to get a Work permit approved, or should I apply for the spousal residency. I didn't originally go for the spousal residency because we had friends who had a hellish time going this route. In hindsight, would have been better than my current situation!
I don't want to do the border crossing if there is a likelihood of my reentry being denied, with a pregnant wife and all.
Some advice and connections would be greatly appreciated!
Kind regards,
Wayne

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012 2nd AOR: 04-09-2012
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012 Med sent on 21-09-2012, ecas update 'med received' on 17-10-2012
Interview........
Ecas 'In Process' on 18-10-2012, 'DM' on 4-4-2013
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
Ah... refused restoration means you have to leave the country so you have to cross border but your spouse can be sponser for you and i heard that you can get owp

did u get lmo recently? Could you please share timeline? Thanks

wpicks

Apr 4, 2012
An update for EVERYONE interested.....
So, I crossed into the US yesterday to "flagpole" back into Canada.
All I needed was my job offer letter and my LMO and I was granted my Work Permit on the spot!
After having to wait 55 days for a work permit which was declined because it had expired to then have to get a new LMO, then apply for restoration which was declined as the 90 days had expired therefore being ordered to leave the country, to have it approved immediately at the border seems insane. Insane but true.
As for Lucas' comment that I could apply for sponsorship....this is true, but would not get me the work permit or any status for the interim.
If anyone is in a similar situation, send me an email to wpicks@yahoo.com and I would love to elaborate.
Have a great day. It's great to be back!
Wayne

chuchi

Apr 17, 2012
Hi,

i just called from the border they said if you don't have status they gonna deport you in you country,but you said they just ask your LMO and job offer they give your working permit on the spot that day.
They said you need to leave the country right away because you don't have status.
My question is what did the immigration officer ask you about your status and they give your working permit after?
pls help me about this information because i want to cross the border to get my working permit.