+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Renew

RKP

Feb 27, 2012
Hi,
I came to Montreal last year on an Intra-Company Transfer Program, and my wife had Open Work Permit attached to my Work Permit.
Now she has got Permanent Job in Montreal and my 2 years contract is coming to an End.
Is it possible that She can apply for an Work Permit now and I can apply for Open Work Permit attached to her Work Permit?
Or there is any other option witch which We can be in Canada for couple of more years?

Thanks in advance for replies and help !!

Thanks,
RKP

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RKP said:
Hi,
I came to Montreal last year on an Intra-Company Transfer Program, and my wife had Open Work Permit attached to my Work Permit.
Now she has got Permanent Job in Montreal and my 2 years contract is coming to an End.
Is it possible that She can apply for an Work Permit now and I can apply for Open Work Permit attached to her Work Permit?
Or there is any other option witch which We can be in Canada for couple of more years?

Thanks,
RKP
She would require an approved LMO and then she would have to apply for a closed work permit. At which time you could apply for a spousal open work permit if her job was NOC A, B or O.

giluy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
Med's Request
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Interview........
In Process 08-02-2013
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
RKP said:
Hi,

Thanks,
RKP
Hi,

Ur case is similar to mie. Can u tell me how ur wife changes her OWP into Close WP? Does she need to apply for CAQ or LMO?

Thanks.