+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Refusal with Valid LMIA

cmjii

May 7, 2024
Hi,

We are very worried about our current situation. We applied for a work permit but got a refusal stating that we don't possess a valid LMIA. The problem is, we have a valid LMIA. We don't know why we got that denial. We called Service Canada and they said that we do have a valid LMIA so there's no problem on their side. We already submit a reconsideration letter but we haven't got a response yet. Anyone who had the same problem here? Or Does anyone has any idea what to do? Anything would help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

We are very worried about our current situation. We applied for a work permit but got a refusal stating that we don't possess a valid LMIA. The problem is, we have a valid LMIA. We don't know why we got that denial. We called Service Canada and they said that we do have a valid LMIA so there's no problem on their side. We already submit a reconsideration letter but we haven't got a response yet. Anyone who had the same problem here? Or Does anyone has any idea what to do? Anything would help.
Do you mean you contacted IRCC? Service Canada has nothing to do with LMIA/work permits. All you can do is wait and see if file reopened. When does LMIA expire?

Reactions: cmjii

cmjii

May 7, 2024
Do you mean you contacted IRCC? Service Canada has nothing to do with LMIA/work permits. All you can do is wait and see if file reopened. When does LMIA expire?
They spoke to the program officer who granted us the LMIA. It will expire Spring next year. I am worried that I might have to leave Canada its been awhile but we haven't heard anything from the reconsideration letter that we submitted.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They spoke to the program officer who granted us the LMIA. It will expire Spring next year. I am worried that I might have to leave Canada its been awhile but we haven't heard anything from the reconsideration letter that we submitted.
Not sure who “they” is. All you can do is wait but have employer make direct contact. There are no timelines for reconsideration. When was reconsideration submitted?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They = employer. Reconsideration was submitted by my consultant last February.
So when you submitted reconsideration what response, if any, have you received. Has there even been an acknowledgement that request was received? Do you have proof reconsideration was made?

cmjii

May 7, 2024
So when you submitted reconsideration what response, if any, have you received. Has there even been an acknowledgement that request was received? Do you have proof reconsideration was made?
The consultant agency said that they submitted the reconsideration but they didn't show me any proof that they did. According to them, no update or response yet. They are thinking what to do next. I'm getting really worried.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The consultant agency said that they submitted the reconsideration but they didn't show me any proof that they did. According to them, no update or response yet. They are thinking what to do next. I'm getting really worried.
If reconsideration was actually submitted with updated documents then there should have been an acknowledgement email with generic response. Seems strange. All you can do is work with consultant but ask for proof of submission. If they cannot, fire them and take control of your file.