IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
I am Oct 2013 applicant and my guess is I have to wait another 2-3 months before MR. My previous WP expired in Jan and I was back to India. Now my company/employer wants to apply for another WP from India for another role. My company wouldn't consider PR applicants/holders for all their onshore roles(they are unaware that I have applied for a PR). Hence I would like to ahead with the WP process.

My company may apply for a WP(Closed) for me in a couple of months. My Qs are
1) How long or later will embassy accept/approve a WP while a PR is in process? After MR/PPRF can I still apply for this WP?
2) As it is sure that my company is going to work out on my WP is it possible to delay my PR process(medicals or after) so that it wouldn't affect my WP process?

Your responses on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks

YoungJC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
03/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
03/26/2014
LANDED..........
03/31/2014
tag4u said:
I am Oct 2013 applicant and my guess is I have to wait another 2-3 months before MR. My previous WP expired in Jan and I was back to India. Now my company/employer wants to apply for another WP from India for another role. My company wouldn't consider PR applicants/holders for all their onshore roles(they are unaware that I have applied for a PR). Hence I would like to ahead with the WP process.

My company may apply for a WP(Closed) for me in a couple of months. My Qs are
1) How long or later will embassy accept/approve a WP while a PR is in process? After MR/PPRF can I still apply for this WP?
2) As it is sure that my company is going to work out on my WP is it possible to delay my PR process(medicals or after) so that it wouldn't affect my WP process?

Your responses on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks
Applying for a work permit has no connection to your PR application. If your company gets u a new work permit, it will become void once you become a PR.
I suppose your company will have to apply for an LMO first then later for a work permit.

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Thanks for the reply. My question is while PR application is in progress at what point can I not submit/apply a closed WP?
Say my MR is done and can I still apply for WP? I guess after MR it is RPRF and biodata and later a PPR. At what stage it is a hardstop for me not to apply for a WP?
I come under NOC2174.

YoungJC said:
Applying for a work permit has no connection to your PR application. If your company gets u a new work permit, it will become void once you become a PR.
I suppose your company will have to apply for an LMO first then later for a work permit.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Technically you can apply at anytime.
Although given the time taken to get an LMO these days, you may well become a PR first. Which would end up wasting your company's money.

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may apply for a Work Permit at any time until your status changes to being a Permanent Resident, i.e. until you landed. If at that time a WP is in force, it will automatically expire when your status changes.

Apart from that the two processes (PR application and WP) are completely independent of each other.

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Awesome! Thank you very much. My plan is let my company apply for my WP and let the PR process too happen in parallel. I can plan to land there with PR if everything is done by then. Else I can land with WP and get my PR process done from Canada. The WP is just for my employer/company purpose that I am NOT going to leave them for that period.

R0ger said:
You may apply for a Work Permit at any time until your status changes to being a Permanent Resident, i.e. until you landed. If at that time a WP is in force, it will automatically expire when your status changes.

Apart from that the two processes (PR application and WP) are completely independent of each other.

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tag4u said:
Else I can land with WP and get my PR process done from Canada.
As a reminder, keep CIC appraised of your mailing address in case you move back to Canada on a future WP. You don't want them to send stuff to the other side of the globe when you are nearby. :)