+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit LMIA

Camilo Wong

Nov 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

On March 2020 I applied for a work permit outside Canada under the international mobility program Canada - Colombia eligible for 2 weeks processing time, (LMIA) T23, NOC 1112, offer of employment submitted online along with the application and biometrics done and submitted the same month. I know that due to COVID 19 the IRCC is not processing applications within the normal timeframes. However, I am wondering, if anyone in the same or similar situation as I described above has received an update on their application? or any idea when they are going to process work permits from outside Canada? is there any action that the company who is offering me the job can do in order to push the application? Thanks.

Nov 16, 2020
Hi,
I am also facing a similar delay. I applied from USA. The last change in the status of my application was when my Biometrics were collected. Looks like it is taking forever. My application has passed 16 weeks, though the processing time was 8 weeks when I submitted my work permit application. I am following your post with the hope that someone will answer the last part of your question.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

On March 2020 I applied for a work permit outside Canada under the international mobility program Canada - Colombia eligible for 2 weeks processing time, (LMIA) T23, NOC 1112, offer of employment submitted online along with the application and biometrics done and submitted the same month. I know that due to COVID 19 the IRCC is not processing applications within the normal timeframes. However, I am wondering, if anyone in the same or similar situation as I described above has received an update on their application? or any idea when they are going to process work permits from outside Canada? is there any action that the company who is offering me the job can do in order to push the application? Thanks.
When you say submitted “offer of employment“, you mean your employment number. The employer had to submit an offer of employment through the Employer Portal. Then you’ll get an offer of employment number.

Camilo Wong

Nov 16, 2020
When you say submitted “offer of employment“, you mean your employment number. The employer had to submit an offer of employment through the Employer Portal. Then you’ll get an offer of employment number.
That’s correct! I’m referring to the employment number. Thx for the clarification.

Camilo Wong

Nov 16, 2020
Hi,
I am also facing a similar delay. I applied from USA. The last change in the status of my application was when my Biometrics were collected. Looks like it is taking forever. My application has passed 16 weeks, though the processing time was 8 weeks when I submitted my work permit application. I am following your post with the hope that someone will answer the last part of your question.
Hopefully someone gives us a clue of what to do.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That’s correct! I’m referring to the employment number. Thx for the clarification.
There is a thread on the forum of people waiting for LMIAs for months. They are being more thoroughly scrutinized as many Canadians are out of work so they are verifying that no Canadians can do the job...even with exemptions. IIRC may wonder why your employer can’t fill the position locally. Your can ask your employer to follow up.

Reactions: Camilo Wong

Camilo Wong

Nov 16, 2020
Hopefully someone gives us a clue of what to do.
Update. After 9 months of waiting today I received my work permit approval
Hi everyone,

UPDATE
After 9 long months today I received the work permit approval, now I just need to send the passport to the local VAC. Any idea how long does it take to have the passports back?