+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension

Kashyap1996

Jul 26, 2018
Hello,

My work permit is about to expire on 28th Feb, 2024. My CRS score is 533. Can I apply for work permit extension to buy some time (I know that govt is not giving work permit extension for 2024 expiry) and can I keep continue to work?

Thanks a lot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

My work permit is about to expire on 28th Feb, 2024. My CRS score is 533. Can I apply for work permit extension to buy some time (I know that govt is not giving work permit extension for 2024 expiry) and can I keep continue to work?

Thanks a lot
You can’t just apply for a WP extension unless you have grounds for a WP extension. Does your employer have an LMiA? Do you qualify for any form of WP?

Kashyap1996

Jul 26, 2018
I don't have LMIA from my employer. But if my wife takes a course for May intake, and if she gets an admission in any college, can I apply extension based on her?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't have LMIA from my employer. But if my wife takes a course for May intake, and if she gets an admission in any college, can I apply extension based on her?
If she has gotten an SOWP based on you then no. You are no longer able to take turns studying being the student while one spouse applies for an SOWP and after PGWP expires have the other spouse study so they other spouse can keep working on an SOWP. This used to be possible but is no longer possible because too many people would do exactly what you are suggesting which is getting the other spouse to study to extend time in Canada and allow the other spouse to keep working.

Would add that you would have to stop working because your spouse doesn’t have a study permit and provincial attestation if your wife has not applied for a study permit yet.