+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension !!

Him292

Sep 10, 2018
Hello,

I am currently on a Post Grad work permit which is soon going to end on 19th Nov and I have my Express Entry profile in the Express Extry pool with a score of 455.
However, currently the EE score is running around 475 and there are rare chances of it getting down around 450 soon, therefore, I need advice on how can I extend my WP?

I am giving an IELTS exam this weekend to improve the total score but in case something goes wrong and if am not able to acheive it then need to have a back up plan.

Presently, I am working in an IT company based in Montreal, QC and my employer is willing to extend my WP but my lawyer is saying that if your employer extends your WP then you are no longer eligible to apply under Express Entry.. Is it TRUE??

Obviously, if my employer extends it for me, its gonna be a "CLOSED" WP and if whatever my Laywer says is TRUE then,

- Is there any way to avoid this issue? My employer is willing to help me in any way, so if there is any way please guide me because I dont have much time to apply.

However, currently, I am working from Ontario (WFH for the same company) because my lawyer wants me to be here until I get my PR.

one question: For WP Extension, my employer said that he will generate a Job ID for me and on the basis of that, I will be able to apply for a WP extension... Am I going to apply for it or my employer should apply?

Please let me know with your valuable advice asap.

Thanks in Advance

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hello,

I am currently on a Post Grad work permit which is soon going to end on 19th Nov and I have my Express Entry profile in the Express Extry pool with a score of 455.
However, currently the EE score is running around 475 and there are rare chances of it getting down around 450 soon, therefore, I need advice on how can I extend my WP?

I am giving an IELTS exam this weekend to improve the total score but in case something goes wrong and if am not able to acheive it then need to have a back up plan.

Presently, I am working in an IT company based in Montreal, QC and my employer is willing to extend my WP but my lawyer is saying that if your employer extends your WP then you are no longer eligible to apply under Express Entry.. Is it TRUE??

Obviously, if my employer extends it for me, its gonna be a "CLOSED" WP and if whatever my Laywer says is TRUE then,

- Is there any way to avoid this issue? My employer is willing to help me in any way, so if there is any way please guide me because I dont have much time to apply.

However, currently, I am working from Ontario (WFH for the same company) because my lawyer wants me to be here until I get my PR.

one question: For WP Extension, my employer said that he will generate a Job ID for me and on the basis of that, I will be able to apply for a WP extension... Am I going to apply for it or my employer should apply?

Thanks in Advance
I guess your employer wants to apply for LMIA exempt work permit.
WP and EE are two different things and dual intent is allowed in Canada. I applied for both and never had a problem.

Him292

Sep 10, 2018
I guess your employer wants to apply for LMIA exempt work permit.
WP and EE are two different things and dual intent is allowed in Canada. I applied for both and never had a problem.
But my employer said that he will just create a JOB ID for me and rest I have to do myself (apply for WP)... Can I myself apply for a "LMIA" exempted WP?? OR Should I ask my employer to do it?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
But my employer said that he will just create a JOB ID for me and rest I have to do myself (apply for WP)... Can I myself apply for a "LMIA" exempted WP?? OR Should I ask my employer to do it?
maybe I misunderstood. You cannot apply for LMIA or LMIA exemption, your employer needs to do it

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

Thanks in Advance
A PGWP is non-extendable. You will need to apply to change your status to "visitor" if you have not received AOR before the PGWP expires. You can, of course, apply for a brand new closed work permit if you have the supporting documents, such as an LMIA.