+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit -Extension

sttn0045

Jun 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

This is Nikhilesh Setty , i'd recently completed my PG in Wireless Telecommunications Program at Humber College, i'd received work permit for 8months, i have a job right now with full time permenant desgination , and my category comes under NOC level B(2282), please suggest me how to extend my work permit after 8months and what all documents required to extend my work permit, and when should i start it. Please please let me know, i would be thankful to you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sttn0045 said:
Hi everyone,

This is Nikhilesh Setty , i'd recently completed my PG in Wireless Telecommunications Program at Humber College, i'd received work permit for 8months, i have a job right now with full time permenant desgination , and my category comes under NOC level B(2282), please suggest me how to extend my work permit after 8months and what all documents required to extend my work permit, and when should i start it. Please please let me know, i would be thankful to you.
Your employer would have to obtain an approved LMO and then if approved you would have to apply for a new work permit.

PMM

quantumbc

Nov 27, 2009
hi i'm new to this forum. and have learned so much already.
i just have a question on my case.

i came to bc as a temporary worker under IT program under company A.
but when i arrived, my employer transferred me to another company name (company B), which he still own. the registration of Comapny name A and company name B are both under the same ownership and business address and my employer said there should be no problem with immigration since in principle i am working for the same employer.

Now, I applied for work permit extension last July and CPC-Vegreville contacted me and had already asked me about the relationship of the 2 company names. We responded (my employer and I) thru a letter faxed to their office, per their instruction. my application was then transferred to the Local CIC office in vancouver and still has no response until now.

I am just confused because my employer also have nominated me for Provincial Nominee and I have already sent my passports to the CIC seattle, supposedly for stamping. But it came back to me with a letter saying that, my PR application was put on hold pending "investigation" on my work permit.

O boy! i'm really worried. although i know, i did not work for any other employer other than the one that is on my work permit, but the one on my work permit extension employer's name is already company B's name. does anyone have any idea or have experienced this?

do you think my work permit extension would still be granted?

i am concerned that beacause of technicalities, i might be judged as having worked "ilegally" and changed employers.

by the way, my health benefits are still under company A's name.

please help. thank you so much in advance.

sttn0045

Jun 4, 2009
buddy i really dont know much on ur situation but... even im working for one company and my boss(owner) has two companies A and B and im working for both .... buddy even im really confused now for what company i shld apply work permit, buddy plz give me ur contact number lets talk , 647-393-2185

Alanraja

May 10, 2012
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
IELTS Request
(Overall 7.0) L 7.0, R 7.5, W 6.5, S 7.0
Med's Done....
08-Jul-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-Jul-2012
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2012
Instead of this code..
2282 - User Support Technicians

Pls apply under code:
2281 - Computer Network Technicians or any more technical job codes relevant to your job.

There could be rejection in PR visa since the first job code do not need foreign workers and can be fulfilled by citizens in Canada.

The second one is more technical and jobs are in demand.

Give a thought.

Alan

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
That is misleading... the only consideration when choosing the NOC code is to go with the one that is most consistent(matches) with your main duties and responsibilities. Does not matter which one is in high demand.

Alanraja said:
Instead of this code..
2282 - User Support Technicians

Pls apply under code:
2281 - Computer Network Technicians or any more technical job codes relevant to your job.

There could be rejection in PR visa since the first job code do not need foreign workers and can be fulfilled by citizens in Canada.

The second one is more technical and jobs are in demand.

Give a thought.

Alan

Mesha

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
sttn0045 said:
Hi everyone,

Hi Nikhilesh.

congratulations for permanent full time job. It's great !!

If you can help a little then please read it .

my fiance is there in humber doing wireless telecommunication course.
Name : Jaydeep Bhatt.

can you please tell me details how did you get job ? recruitment agent had organized interview for u ?? or have u find it via job website ?

his course is about to finish in this august.

Jaydeep is working as assistant teacher under prof Hyder Khoja and taking wireless data networks lab.

i 'll be too grateful if you can give me your contact number.

Thank you.
good luck for bright future

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
To quantumBC,

If you came to work under company A, one of the conditions on your permit would have been, "not authorised to work for any employer than stated", etc. That means, you can not work for company B even if it is owned by the same person. So you definitely breached the conditions of your work permit and that's a problem.

The employer should have applied for a new LMO and you, a new work permit tied to company B. It appears to be a mistake from ignorance rather than outright disregard of the law, so I don't think they will take drastic action. Hope it works out well and keep us posted, please.