+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension Urgent Help

Deep93

Mar 27, 2016
Hi Everyone
I have couple questions about work permit extension, My post graduation work permit is expiring in july 2016. My application for PR in process in CEC catagory under EE. I got LMIA for PR through my employer to just get qualified for express entry. So basically now i have (PGWP) open work permit with approved LMIA. Now , when i am appling for BOWP online checklist comes with:
. Job offer
. Proof of eligibility for job
. Copy of LMIA
. Employer declaration form
. There is no space to upload AOR

I am just worried about am i getting open work permit or bonded work permit based on LMIA?? Or am i on right page?'

Secondly, under EE my application is in process from last 5 months and background check has not been started yet. Is it common to anyone else?

Please reply!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
You most probably end up with a closed work permit with your LMIA since your are qualified through that as well.
But it seems odd that they ask for LMIA on your BOWP application. Either way you just have to apply don't you? So go for it.

For your second question CEC applications usually take for about 1 year, sometimes the background check is the last stage sometimes it's the first stage, so don't worry. Just stay put and hope for the best. You'll get there eventually.

I'll await more senior's opinions on this if I were you.

Best regards,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Deep93 said:
I have couple questions about work permit extension, My post graduation work permit is expiring in july 2016. My application for PR in process in CEC catagory under EE. I got LMIA for PR through my employer to just get qualified for express entry. So basically now i have (PGWP) open work permit with approved LMIA. Now , when i am appling for BOWP online checklist comes with:
. Job offer
. Copy of LMIA

I am just worried about am i getting open work permit or bonded work permit based on LMIA?? Or am i on right page?'
Search this forum, there are plenty of posts that explain the right way to apply for the BOWP, and it sounds like you've made an error somewhere.

BTW - since you do not have an LMIA for work permit, you should indicate that you do NOT have an LMIA...

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep93 said:
Hi Everyone
. Job offer
. Copy of LMIA

Secondly, under EE my application is in process from last 5 months and background check has not been started yet. Is it common to anyone else?

Please reply!
Hi deep!
Man i saw that you applied for "pr support" lmia in your post. I am also planning to do same thing but i dont know the procedure. Can you help me in this regard.
Thanks

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
logan7712 said:
Hi deep!
Man i saw that you applied for "pr support" lmia in your post. I am also planning to do same thing but i dont know the procedure. Can you help me in this regard.
Thanks
Hi guys, I have the same problem...my 3 year post graduate work permit expires on June 25 2016, I have the PR application in process, but I want to extend my worl permit just in case i don`t get the PR on time.

I`m in Quebec, employed, and an immigration officer told me over the phone that i don't need a labour market impact assessment because i have a Certificat d'acceptation du Québec.

Can somebody tell me which application package should I do? I'm completely lost here...

FranD

May 4, 2016
Hi, I am a new member on this forum...so apologies if I've gone about asking a question in the wrong way! Just desperately need some advice and couldn't work out how to create a new thread instead of replying!
My husband is the principal applicant and is trying to apply for a BOWP, as his work permit expires on 6th June. We have spent the evening struggling through various bits of conflicting info on the CIC website, then came across this forum and want to thank everyone for all their helpful advice to other people, as it has made things a lot clearer for us!

Could someone please explain how I go about renewing my work permit? It was granted when my husband got PNP status and is an open work permit....but also expires on 6th June, when his does. Can I submit an application at the same time as his BOWP application and submit them together or do I have to apply separately? My concern is that if I apply separately I will have to wait a few months until his is granted, before I can apply. How can we link them together?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
FranD said:
Hi, I am a new member on this forum...so apologies if I've gone about asking a question in the wrong way! Just desperately need some advice and couldn't work out how to create a new thread instead of replying!
My husband is the principal applicant and is trying to apply for a BOWP, as his work permit expires on 6th June. We have spent the evening struggling through various bits of conflicting info on the CIC website, then came across this forum and want to thank everyone for all their helpful advice to other people, as it has made things a lot clearer for us!

Could someone please explain how I go about renewing my work permit? It was granted when my husband got PNP status and is an open work permit....but also expires on 6th June, when his does. Can I submit an application at the same time as his BOWP application and submit them together or do I have to apply separately? My concern is that if I apply separately I will have to wait a few months until his is granted, before I can apply. How can we link them together?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Hi,

As far as I am concerned your spouse will have to submit an application for you as well when he is extending his work permit. Same principals same rules, as were applied to you and your spouse when you applied and received your first work permit.

Stay for more confirmation on this.

Best of luck,