+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension refused!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One immigration lawyer was telling me that you can apply for paper based PR which takes much longer, but as soon as you apply- you can apply for bringing work permit( because you already applied for PR. It will take about 6 month until they will start to check your application, so your work permit might be already approved. Try to talk to immigration lawyer by yourself, it might be costly, but I believe it's the only way to keep working here, in this situation.
IRCC doesn't appreciate people filing under false pretenses and they often scan application to pick out people trying to do exactly this and refuse their application much earlier. I also don't understand how anyone is going to fill out a paper PR application with no grounds to file a PR application.

andrei92

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
IRCC doesn't appreciate people filing under false pretenses and they often scan application to pick out people trying to do exactly this and refuse their application much earlier. I also don't understand how anyone is going to fill out a paper PR application with no grounds to file a PR application.
That's what I heard, just letting you know. Doesn't mean that I support it or did it this way

Ruthanna5

Apr 16, 2024
Hi guys,

Pls I need advice and suggestions regarding my PG work permit extension that was refused. My permit will expire on Thursday and I had applied to extend it in September but it got refused yesterday.
The letter states that I need to have LMIA from my prospective employer which confuses me because I thought a PGWP is LMIA exempt (I did choose an option that states I have an employer while filling out the online form though. Is that my mistake?!). It says I have to leave Canada and it didn’t give an option of applying for restoration.

Do clear me please; can I quickly submit another application and uncheck the employer-specific option? If so, will I be on implied status after this Thursday?
Do I need to apply for restoration anyway after this Thursday when my pgwp expires?

**I have an express entry profile and I’m positive of getting ITA once I add my evaluation which is underway.
did you get the PG Work permit extension after the refusal