+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit extension - questions

EUtoCA

Sep 1, 2021
Hi all,

Question regarding extension of work permit to which I cannot find a conclusive answer.

Situation:

Currently we are on a work permit in Canada. My girlfriend on a work permit specific for her employer and myself on an open work permit (through common law). When we applied the first time, hers got approved and mine got rejected, after resubmitting I got approved as well. I had to wait for that before I could come over and that is something we don't want anymore.

Her employer offered her a new contract for another year and we wish to extend our stay with one year.

Question:

How to apply to have to best chance to get approved both at the same?

I can think of 3 scenarios:

1. She applies first, after her approval I apply and get approved
  2. We apply at the same time through our own IRCC portal and hope they will look at both applications together (will they do that?)
  3. We make one application in one of our IRCC portal (is this possible?)
What do you guys think? I'm puzzled how to continue.. Please let me know if more info is required to help us!

Thanks in advance!

dockerhooman

Aug 5, 2021
Hi all,

Question regarding extension of work permit to which I cannot find a conclusive answer.

Situation:

Currently we are on a work permit in Canada. My girlfriend on a work permit specific for her employer and myself on an open work permit (through common law). When we applied the first time, hers got approved and mine got rejected, after resubmitting I got approved as well. I had to wait for that before I could come over and that is something we don't want anymore.

Her employer offered her a new contract for another year and we wish to extend our stay with one year.

Question:

How to apply to have to best chance to get approved both at the same?

I can think of 3 scenarios:

1. She applies first, after her approval I apply and get approved
  2. We apply at the same time through our own IRCC portal and hope they will look at both applications together (will they do that?)
  3. We make one application in one of our IRCC portal (is this possible?)
What do you guys think? I'm puzzled how to continue.. Please let me know if more info is required to help us!

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I'm on closed WP and my spouse (I think in your case common law conditions are same as a spousal) is on SOWP. Now I have got a promotion and for that I have to get WP extension. Agent is doing it on my behalf. But in general agent will apply for both of us at the same time but different applications. Not sure if applications will be processed at the same time but for initial WP they were done together.