+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension due to passport expiry. Thanksss

ldqtrung

Jan 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied to extend my work permit due to passport expiry. I eligible for 3 year Post Graduate Working permit but only got 1 year due to the reason (I also have the mark on my work permit).

I submitted the application on March-15 but do not hear anything since then, I checked every month until now but nothing still. When I applied in the first place, Canada website shows it would take 105 days; but now in July the number went up to 160 days!

I'm wondering if anyone submitted the application on the same period/day as me and got the result?
Also my WP-EXT only except PGWP expired 3 days ago, that means I should stop working?

Thanks everyone

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied to extend my work permit due to passport expiry. I eligible for 3 year Post Graduate Working permit but only got 1 year due to the reason (I also have the mark on my work permit).

I submitted the application on March-15 but do not hear anything since then, I checked every month until now but nothing still. When I applied in the first place, Canada website shows it would take 105 days; but now in July the number went up to 160 days!

I'm wondering if anyone submitted the application on the same period/day as me and got the result?
Also my WP-EXT only except PGWP expired 3 days ago, that means I should stop working?

Thanks everyone
Yes you are out of status, so don't risk your future prospects by working illegally. Sorry but didn't got you, what do you mean by mark on work permit?

ldqtrung

Jan 28, 2020
Yes you are out of status, so don't risk your future prospects by working illegally. Sorry but didn't got you, what do you mean by mark on work permit?
Hello, Sorry for didn't be clear , At the end of my work permit there is remarks/observations :" PGWP employment. issued document till passport validity date. Must renew for further extensions"
And yes I stopped working before the given date on my WP-EXT only except PGWP.

Thanks a lot

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello, Sorry for didn't be clear , At the end of my work permit there is remarks/observations :" PGWP employment. issued document till passport validity date. Must renew for further extensions"
And yes I stopped working before the given date on my WP-EXT only except PGWP.

Thanks a lot
Ok so it is basically a reminder for you to renew your passport.
Good for the part of stopping work.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Ok so it is basically a reminder for you to renew your passport.
Good for the part of stopping work.
Did you researched about walking in to the border services for extension of permit. Not sure about this but had seen someone doing it.

Oct 5, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone
Hello,

I’m wondering if you have any update yet on your application? I just applied in September and would like to know roughly how long it will take. Just to confirm, did you apply by paper?

thanks!