+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit complications

munazza

Dec 11, 2009
I need help on urgent basis . As i am moving back to my country .

I am from Pakistan and moved to canada under Software pilot project from Pakistan on Dec 1 , 2009. When i came here i figure out the job was fake and i tried to survive on my savings and finding a new job . As my landing papers gave me only one option that i can change the employer but cant cant change the title which is software Application developer.

Not knowing nothing I kept spending 6 months and going to the employer he use to make me do work and never paid too for those times as well. One thing important that I paid fees to the immi lawyer which was 10,000 initially where he was suppose to find a job for me when after 9 months he couldn't do it a refund of money was requested and there he told me that I have the job now and i was happy . But that was a fake job in a fake company of his wife.

Now someone told me that I must go to the HRDC and complaint for that . Here I would remind you tht my job category doesnt require LMO or HRDC at all .

Now that I wanted to apply for the PR from back home . I have few questions :
Would that be sensible to go to HRDC and the main thing is would they cancel me Visa ? or they will change into open permit on my request?

If i don't go to them and don't inform the HRDC and stay quite on this issue . Go home in June , 2010 and apply for PR from Pakistan. and re visit Canada within three months on the same work permit. Wait for the PR time process to be complted .
also that would the embassy ask me to submit the tax document and pay stabs and bank statement from the same employer in canada ?
my visa is valid till 2011 , june

I am very confused and don't want to get trapped with the attorney again I have spent my life time assets on this and now have nothing other than my skills.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
munazza said:
Hi Leon

I am from Pakistan and moved to canada under Software pilot project from Pakistan on Dec 1 , 2009. When i came here i figure out the job was fake and i tried to survive on my savings and finding a new job . As my landing papers gave me only one option that i can change the employer but cant cant change the title which is software Application developer.

Not knowing nothing I kept spending 6 months and going to the employer he use to make me do work and never paid too for those times as well. One thing important that I paid fees to the immi lawyer which was 10,000 initially where he was suppose to find a job for me when after 9 months he couldn't do it a refund of money was requested and there he told me that I have the job now and i was happy . But that was a fake job in a fake company of his wife.

Now someone told me that I must go to the HRDC and complaint for that . Here I would remind you tht my job category doesnt require LMO or HRDC at all .

Would that be sensible to go to HRDC and the main thing is would they cancel me Visa ? or they will change into open permit on my request?

If i don't go to them and don't inform the HRDC and stay quite on this issue . Go home in June , 2010 and apply for PR from Pakistan. and re visit Canada within three months on the same work permit. Wait for the PR time process to be complted .
also that would the embassy ask me to submit the tax document and pay stabs and bank statement from the same employer in canada ?

I am very confused and don't want to get trapped with the attorney again I have spent my life time assets on this and now have nothing other than my skills.
Why not look for another employer and apply for a new work permit?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
munazza said:
Hi Leon

You don't say where you live, but most communities have immigrant / settlement services. Find the services in your community. They can advise you on legal options regarding the employer, as well as low-cost or no-cost legal services.

But you SHOULD complain - you say you have worked without pay, you have been defrauded, why would you be quiet? So they can do it again to others?

As for your plan to apply for PR - how will you document your work experience / time in Canada? If you don't complain, you have no remedy, and no documentation. It will not help your RP case to remain quiet, either.

Best place to start is with your local immigrant service agency. If you need help to find it, tell us where you live.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jes_ON said:
You don't say where you live, but most communities have immigrant / settlement services. Find the services in your community. They can advise you on legal options regarding the employer, as well as low-cost or no-cost legal services.

But you SHOULD complain - you say you have worked without pay, you have been defrauded, why would you be quiet? So they can do it again to others?

As for your plan to apply for PR - how will you document your work experience / time in Canada? If you don't complain, you have no remedy, and no documentation. It will not help your RP case to remain quiet, either.

Best place to start is with your local immigrant service agency. If you need help to find it, tell us where you live.
You should note that you will not receive much sympathy from either HRSDC or CIC as in reality you "bought" the work permit by paying $10K . I don't think you will be able to plead ignorance that the "job" wasn't really a job.

munazza

Dec 11, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

You should note that you will not receive much sympathy from either HRSDC or CIC as in reality you "bought" the work permit by paying $10K . I don't think you will be able to plead ignorance that the "job" wasn't really a job.

No , I didnt pay to buy the job I am a certified SAP FICO Consultant with a 10 yearsexpereince. I gave money to look for a genuine job as a job hunter (this is the services that he also provides). To me I had interview done and all the documents were sent as required for the job. If I ever had the idea that it is a fraud than I would have been a idiot to give my hard earned money to this consultant for a category that can put me in this situation. In the current scenario if I have to play fraud I know the ways but I am a female and I want to keep things straight and fair.

Just to add later it was found out that the RCMP is after him too and he had taken money from so many ............ his license was canceled in 2006 . I never knew that until it came on the Star paper and also now on the CIC website.

munazza

Dec 11, 2009
job_seeker said:
Why not look for another employer and apply for a new work permit?
I have tried looking for another employer too but now a days the market is going so slow......... that not possible. I do get jobs which are small scale as compare to what my qualifications are like doing book keeping and all but my visa is restricted and I cant do the job other than the category I am hired with .

munazza

Dec 11, 2009
jes_ON said:

thanx currently I am in Toronto but intend to leave the country on 15 June