+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work in Montreal, passport requested, what's next?

shomoita

Jun 26, 2017
Hello everyone!

I got ITA on Feb 8th, 2017 and I submitted all my documents by 31st March, 2017. I received my passport request with an address request form on 19th June, 2017, which I have already sent with my Montreal address on 22nd July. I currently work and live in Montreal (have a contract till October 31, 2017 (can be extended as well)), but my intended province to live was Ontario in the application. I meet both FSW and ECE class. My question is: as they have already requested for passport to confirm PR visa, what are the chances that they will ask to provide additional proof of intention to live outside of Quebec. If they required additional proof, won't they have asked for it before requesting passport? Just wondering what would've been the logical steps by CIC.

Thanks for your input!

Best regards,

Shomoita

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
Hello everyone!

I got ITA on Feb 8th, 2017 and I submitted all my documents by 31st March, 2017. I received my passport request with an address request form on 19th June, 2017, which I have already sent with my Montreal address on 22nd July. I currently work and live in Montreal (have a contract till October 31, 2017 (can be extended as well)), but my intended province to live was Ontario in the application. I meet both FSW and ECE class. My question is: as they have already requested for passport to confirm PR visa, what are the chances that they will ask to provide additional proof of intention to live outside of Quebec. If they required additional proof, won't they have asked for it before requesting passport? Just wondering what would've been the logical steps by CIC.

Thanks for your input!

Best regards,

Shomoita
There is a possibility of having trouble with that. You have to proof your intention living outside Quebec.

I am asking help please if you can please.

Did you mention you still working in Montreal when you submitted your EE profile .
I am living in Montreal and going to submit my profile?
Thank you.

shomoita

Jun 26, 2017
There is a possibility of having trouble with that. You have to proof your intention living outside Quebec.

I am asking help please if you can please.

Did you mention you still working in Montreal when you submitted your EE profile .
I am living in Montreal and going to submit my profile?
Thank you.
Hi,

Yes I mentioned in my profile that I have work here till October 2017. And I am looking for better opportunities in other provinces and I will move there as soon as possible.

Did they ask you to provide and proof of intention to live in another province? Which stage are you in now? They requested for my passport but didn't ask for any proof yet. Some people are saying that I'm already past that stage of asking for proof. But while landing, it will be an issue again, I'm sure. Where are you planning to land, montreal?

shomoita

Jun 26, 2017
Hi,

Yes I mentioned in my profile that I have work here till October 2017. And I am looking for better opportunities in other provinces and I will move there as soon as possible.

Did they ask you to provide and proof of intention to live in another province? Which stage are you in now? They requested for my passport but didn't ask for any proof yet. Some people are saying that I'm already past that stage of asking for proof. But while landing, it will be an issue again, I'm sure. Where are you planning to land? In Montreal?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I currently live here in Montreal, do you think it will be fishy if I land in Toronto but give my current address in Quebec?
IMO this is extremely fishy.

Do let us know how it works out, this could help other applicants.

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
But I didn't find any options on the EE profile?
Can you locate me where is that option to submit LOE?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As I currently live here in Montreal, do you think it will be fishy if I land in Toronto but give my current address in Quebec?
You can't give a Quebec address for the mailing of the PR card. You have to give an address outside of Quebec.

shomoita

Jun 26, 2017
You can't give a Quebec address for the mailing of the PR card. You have to give an address outside of Quebec.
I can give another address which is not in Quebec. But as my current address in CIC profile is already Montreal, will it be taken normally if I just provide a friend's address in Ontario?