+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work hours calculation for CEC

Kumar93

Jan 3, 2023
Hi everyone, just need your help in understanding how CEC work experience is calculated. I started working in Canada since Feb 1st week 2022 (full time), and submitted my express entry profile yesterday. However, the express entry system is showing that I'm eligible for CEC (even though I haven't completed 1 year in Canada). Will this be of any problem if I receive an ITA under CEC, before February 2023 as I don't have 12 months of canadian experience? Please suggest, thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, just need your help in understanding how CEC work experience is calculated. I started working in Canada since Feb 1st week 2022 (full time), and submitted my express entry profile yesterday. However, the express entry system is showing that I'm eligible for CEC (even though I haven't completed 1 year in Canada). Will this be of any problem if I receive an ITA under CEC, before February 2023 as I don't have 12 months of canadian experience? Please suggest, thanks.
If you receive ITA then don’t submit application until after you have one year of Canadian work experience.

Liesta

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
You have 1 year already because your 1 year enda January 1st that’s 12 months . But you can wait a bit if you want

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
As I understand it, the system only considers months, so if you started working in February (doesn't matter if it's the 1st or the 28th) it'll calculate that you've been working for a year by January of the next year. But if you get an invitation and submit your profile without actually having 365 days of experience, you might get in trouble (like being considered ineligible). If you get ITA, just wait until you complete the year to submit all the documents.

Kumar93

Jan 3, 2023
As I understand it, the system only considers months, so if you started working in February (doesn't matter if it's the 1st or the 28th) it'll calculate that you've been working for a year by January of the next year. But if you get an invitation and submit your profile without actually having 365 days of experience, you might get in trouble (like being considered ineligible). If you get ITA, just wait until you complete the year to submit all the documents.
Thanks for your response, will wait for 365 days of experience.

Reactions: andrews17