+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work full time before apply for post graduate work permit

LoryDang

Jul 10, 2019
hi everyone,
I have a few concerns that needs to clarify.
I have finished my last course in college in August 23, 2019 and then i started working full-time since then until i apply for my post graduate work permit in Nov 18,2019, Due to some problem with the course credential with the college so i did not get my graduation letter until Nov 18, so technically i am still in school.
I am about to apply for my 1 year Canadian Experience class
how the full-time experience with those periods count towards my PR?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
You can only start counting Canadian work experience from the day you applied for PGWP.

LoryDang

Jul 10, 2019
You can only start counting Canadian work experience from the day you applied for PGWP.
yes. Do I need to explain the time that I worked there before I apply for Post graduation work permit? I am confused because I might be misrepresentation error

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
yes. Do I need to explain the time that I worked there before I apply for Post graduation work permit? I am confused because I might be misrepresentation error
In EE profile? No, since you won’t be able to claim points for that.
In PR application? Yes, as part of personal history.

LoryDang

Jul 10, 2019
In EE profile? No, since you won’t be able to claim points for that.
In PR application? Yes, as part of personal history.
Thank you very much for your answer. I worry that I started working there more than 20 hours while I am in school for couple weeks? In the employement letter, would I ask my employer to mention only from the day I applied for PGWP to End of employment?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Thank you very much for your answer. I worry that I started working there more than 20 hours while I am in school for couple weeks? In the employement letter, would I ask my employer to mention only from the day I applied for PGWP to End of employment?
Were you legally allowed to work full time during that time?

Employer should only put start date when you submitted your pgwp application

LoryDang

Jul 10, 2019
I am allowed to work part time before November but I might have work a bit more than 20 hours. They provide me with a letter stated that I worked full time from when I applied for my PGWP to the end of employment.