+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

Pkumar9

Nov 28, 2019
can anyone answer this question please i am confused?

please note: all work experience is in Canada
Firstly, I got my pgwp in 2019 june and also started working noc B job june 2019 to june 2020 I could only work 8 months due to covid-19 i was laid off from my work.

secondly, from june 2020 to june 2021 i could only work 8 months as well because i was laid off for 2 months during this period, i also moved to another province so i ended up having only 8 months of work experience same noc B code though same position.

Now, two years of my work permit has been passed which is 24 months and i only worked for 16 months in same noc code B.

my question is that, since, I could not gain 1560 hours in 8 months of work in both years so now I only have around 2000 hours in 16 months.

I don’t know if i can still claim these hours for Canadian experience class.
because they were not continuously of worked, i had gap in between because of laid of or short term vacation?

please help me with this issue if anyone have any knowledge in this

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019

Firstly, I got my pgwp in 2019 june and also started working noc B job june 2019 to june 2020 I could only work 8 months due to covid-19 i was laid off from my work.

secondly, from june 2020 to june 2021 i could only work 8 months as well because i was laid off for 2 months during this period, i also moved to another province so i ended up having only 8 months of work experience same noc B code though same position.

Now, two years of my work permit has been passed which is 24 months and i only worked for 16 months in same noc code B.

my question is that, since, I could not gain 1560 hours in 8 months of work in both years so now I only have around 2000 hours in 16 months.

because they were not continuously of worked, i had gap in between because of laid of or short term vacation?

You may be confusing the eligibility for FSW and CEC. Under CEC program, your canadian work experience doesn't need to be continuous, and they can be in 1 or more NOC 0, A or B jobs:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

You're eligible for CEC. As long as you've worked 30 or more hours a week for at least 52 weeks, or its equivalente in part time, then yes. Based on your story it seems like it.

Please, please do your research and visit IRCC's website. If you had, you'd figured out the requirements for CEC and you'd have realized you indeed qualify.