+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience under NOC 6322 (Cook)

Nov 2, 2012
Hello Everyone
I am an international student in Canada. I've completed my study in last year,now i am on my post graduate work permit.I am working as a pizza cook(NOC 6322) at a local pizza store in Toronto,Ontario from last eight months .I just want to know that can i apply under Canadian experience class as i am working under NOC 6322.My one year experience work experience is about to complete in couple of months.
Can you please tell me that what are the requirements for the employers under Canadian experience class?

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Sarbjit Sunner said:
Hello Everyone
I am an international student in Canada. I've completed my study in last year,now i am on my post graduate work permit.I am working as a pizza cook(NOC 6322) at a local pizza store in Toronto,Ontario from last eight months .I just want to know that can i apply under Canadian experience class as i am working under NOC 6322.My one year experience work experience is about to complete in couple of months.
Can you please tell me that what are the requirements for the employers under Canadian experience class?
i see that the code is under noc b category and so yes you are entitled to apply for PR under CEC but you need to get 12 month of work experience and a min of 38hr/week.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ramu_rokey said:
i see that the code is under noc b category and so yes you are entitled to apply for PR under CEC but you need to get 12 month of work experience and a min of 38hr/week.
minimum of 30 hours per week to be considered full-time.

You may still be able to apply if you work part-time, but it will take longer than one year to complete the eligibility requirements.

MSree

May 14, 2013
Hello Everyone

I have completed 2 yrs diploma in Canada and currently working (11 months) as QA technician - Food processing (NOC code: B - 2211). i have Indian masters, but unfortunately is not recognized as masters by wes. So, i would claim points under 2 or more diplomas. I have 3 yrs of work experience from India (1+yrs in NOC code A 4163 & 2+ yrs in NOC code 2121). IELTS - L-6.5, S-7.5, R-6.0, W-7.0.

Here are my questions to you:
1) My current job is B and my previous are A (different categories), Can i still claim points under foreign experience?
2) If so, do they have to be continuous? because there is a gap of 9 days between relieving from one and joining in another.
3) Will i be eligible under both categories, FSW & CEC?
4) My consultant made a mistake with previous work experience dates in the study permit application, but i have entered the correct dates in the applications sent later on like PGWP etc. Will this be an issue?

i would really appreciate your help, if you can provide answers to the above mentioned questions.

Thanks in Advance

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
MSree said:
Hello Everyone

I have completed 2 yrs diploma in Canada and currently working (11 months) as QA technician - Food processing (NOC code: B - 2211). i have Indian masters, but unfortunately is not recognized as masters by wes. So, i would claim points under 2 or more diplomas. I have 3 yrs of work experience from India (1+yrs in NOC code A 4163 & 2+ yrs in NOC code 2121). IELTS - L-6.5, S-7.5, R-6.0, W-7.0.

1) My current job is B and my previous are A (different categories), Can i still claim points under foreign experience?
2) If so, do they have to be continuous? because there is a gap of 9 days between relieving from one and joining in another.
3) Will i be eligible under both categories, FSW & CEC?
4) My consultant made a mistake with previous work experience dates in the study permit application, but i have entered the correct dates in the applications sent later on like PGWP etc. Will this be an issue?

i would really appreciate your help, if you can provide answers to the above mentioned questions.

Thanks in Advance
1)You get points for job under NOC 0,A and B, it doesn't rate your points based on the category.Yes you can claim points for your foreign experience.
2)It is not necessary to be continuous.since the job experience you are claiming points have to be a NOC O,A and B job but have worked for 12 months with 30hr/week.
3)you will eligible for FSW as of right now since you do not have 12 month experience.
4)In your PR application fill in all details to the correct information. I think as long as you have supporting documents from employer on your date of employement paystubs you should be fine .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
MSree said:
1) My current job is B and my previous are A (different categories), Can i still claim points under foreign experience? Yes. They do not have to be the same NOC.

2) If so, do they have to be continuous? because there is a gap of 9 days between relieving from one and joining in another. No.

3) Will i be eligible under both categories, FSW & CEC? Possibly (after one more month), but if you are eligible for both, you will be invited to to apply under the CEC program. You do not get to choose the program, the ITA is issued automatically.

Note that if you are invited to apply under the CEC program, you MUST be eligible at the time of the ITA (e.g. have already completed one year of Canadian work experience). It is possible to receive the ITA before you are eligible, so be careful.

If you don't want to wait a month, and for some reason prefer the FSW program (not recommended), you could leave your Canadian work experience off of your profile for the moment.

Correct dates are more important on this application. It will not be an issue.

Reactions: zyan