NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Hi All,

I have received ITA under CEC and I claimed 2 years and 3 months of working experience in Canada, working in the same company. However, 4 months out of the experience claimed was done while in school on 20 hours per week and 6 months full time while waiting for open work permit to be approved, still working full time till date. Even though only 12 months work experience required for CEC, I'm still very much concerned about the VO recalculating my express entry points. Expert please advise but I hit submit?

Thanks in advance,

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Based on my understanding, you can't count experience gained while studying for CEC. However, you can count the experience will waiting for a work permit. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
geneade said:
Hi All,

I have received ITA under CEC and I claimed 2 years and 3 months of working experience in Canada, working in the same company. However, 4 months out of the experience claimed was done while in school on 20 hours per week and 6 months full time while waiting for open work permit to be approved, still working full time till date. Even though only 12 months work experience required for CEC, I'm still very much concerned about the VO recalculating my express entry points. Expert please advise but I hit submit?

Thanks in advance,
Hey there,

Your experienced gained whilst studying / not having a work permit will not be counted towards your application. This being said you have worked for 23 months which is more than enough in my eyes.
So not to worry, everything's good. The VOs are not stupid, they know how to handle the applications.

Best of luck,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
geneade said:
So - how are you counting the part-time work in school - 4 calendar months or the full-time equivalent?

If you counted as 4 months, and you will need to deduct 4 months from your total - meaning you have only 23 months of eligible work experience - then, yes, IRCC will reduce your CRS points because that counts as completing only 1 year, rather than 2 years, and you will lose points (based on the scoring system in place at the time).

Unfortunately, if your re-calculated CRS is lower than the cutoff for the ITA for your draw, you would no longer be eligible. If your re-calculated CRS remains at or above the cutoff, your application will continue to be processed.