+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience requirement within Canada

salmanimtiaz

Aug 2, 2021
Hi,
I am planning to apply for CEC stream and have some confusion regarding the work experience requirement for CEC. I would like to know is it okay that I can count my full-time hours along with part-time work I did to make it a total of 1560 hours in a year. My work history is something like this:

-> Since Aug. 2020, I have been working two jobs:
  • As an RA at an hourly rate of 25hrs/week and another software startup company at varied hourly rate with average more than 10hrs/week (combined both, it is > 30hrs/week)
-> Since April 2021, I left those both jobs and started as full-time in with another employer in Engineers- electrical and electronics NOC (40hrs/week) and I am working there till present.

Combined it is a year and if I calculate with 30hrs/week, it meets the requirement but my confusion is the two jobs I was doing for 8 months, they both were less than 30hrs/week so it is part time but if I combine them, I was working kind of full time in a week. Will that be counted as full time and towards my eligibility for CEC stream hour requirements.

P.S. All are NOC type A and within Canada.

Thanks and looking forward to any help towards this.

Regards
SI

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am planning to apply for CEC stream and have some confusion regarding the work experience requirement for CEC. I would like to know is it okay that I can count my full-time hours along with part-time work I did to make it a total of 1560 hours in a year. My work history is something like this:

-> Since Aug. 2020, I have been working two jobs:
  • As an RA at an hourly rate of 25hrs/week and another software startup company at varied hourly rate with average more than 10hrs/week (combined both, it is > 30hrs/week)
-> Since April 2021, I left those both jobs and started as full-time in with another employer in Engineers- electrical and electronics NOC (40hrs/week) and I am working there till present.

Combined it is a year and if I calculate with 30hrs/week, it meets the requirement but my confusion is the two jobs I was doing for 8 months, they both were less than 30hrs/week so it is part time but if I combine them, I was working kind of full time in a week. Will that be counted as full time and towards my eligibility for CEC stream hour requirements.

P.S. All are NOC type A and within Canada.

Thanks and looking forward to any help towards this.

Regards
SI
Yes - you can combine them.

salmanimtiaz

Aug 2, 2021
Yes - you can combine them.
Hi Scylla,
Thanks for your quick response. I have a few questions which are asked by when creating a profile.

Has applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
Should I answer yes/no to this considering I don't have full time experience or equivalent amount of part time with one employer. Also my work permit is open work permit so not sure what the response for this should be.

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
I have a job offer but LMIA was not required for that as I was living in Canada.

Is Salman Imtiaz's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?

I don't have any employer on my current work permit as it is open work permit. So I answered No for it.

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
Again I answered no for this, is that okay.

Will really appreciate your help on this,

Regards
SI

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
Thanks for your quick response. I have a few questions which are asked by when creating a profile.

Has applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
Should I answer yes/no to this considering I don't have full time experience or equivalent amount of part time with one employer. Also my work permit is open work permit so not sure what the response for this should be.

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
I have a job offer but LMIA was not required for that as I was living in Canada.

Is Salman Imtiaz's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
I don't have any employer on my current work permit as it is open work permit. So I answered No for it.

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
Again I answered no for this, is that okay.

Will really appreciate your help on this,

Regards
SI
"No" to all questions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For first question, I answered yes as I thought if I answered No, I will not be eligible as I don't have 1 year full time or equivalent amount of part time and will get rejected.
That's not what the first question is asking. It's asking if you have at least one year of full time work experience with your current employer. Based on your previous information, the answer to that is "no".

salmanimtiaz

Aug 2, 2021
That's not what the first question is asking. It's asking if you have at least one year of full time work experience with your current employer. Based on your previous information, the answer to that is "no".
My worry is if I say no to it, will it make me ineligible for CEC stream as it doesn't take into account case like mine. I called IRCC and IRCC agent said you should say yes to it. They are also not officers who will assess so I am a bit confused and thought I should ask here too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My worry is if I say no to it, will it make me ineligible for CEC stream as it doesn't take into account case like mine. I called IRCC and IRCC agent said you should say yes to it. They are also not officers who will assess so I am a bit confused and thought I should ask here too.
My answer hasn't changed and I'm not sure I can help further. You need to answer "no" to the first question. This question doesn't determine if you qualify for CEC.

salmanimtiaz

Aug 2, 2021
My answer hasn't changed and I'm not sure I can help further. You need to answer "no" to the first question. This question doesn't determine if you qualify for CEC.
Okay, thanks a lot for you help. I will answer no to it.

Regards
SI

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
"No" to all questions.
Hey scylla,

related question. I will complete one year on a closed WP with my current employer on Sep 21st. However, when I created my profile on Aug 18th, IRCC accepted my profile in EE under FSW and CEC both. I think it's because they counted 1560 hours requirement. I got points for CEC as well. Can I answer yes to below question - is it based on the calendar year or number of hours worked?

Has the applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)