+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience query?

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I worked as part time in technical sales position which is meeting the number of hours and other essential requirment as specified by CIC;

I receieved a base salary and commission as an additional benefit;

am I good to go with this experience?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
feejay87 said:
I worked as part time in technical sales position which is meeting the number of hours and other essential requirment as specified by CIC;

I receieved a base salary and commission as an additional benefit;

am I good to go with this experience?
Yes.. As long as you can provide the reference letter with important details mentioned in it.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
Yes.. As long as you can provide the reference letter with important details mentioned in it.
I just had query about this ""comission"" thingy as I guess I read somewhere else that comission based jobs are not considered; I guess it might had been referred to those jobs which are only commission based without a principal salary!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
feejay87 said:
I just had query about this ""comission"" thingy as I guess I read somewhere else that comission based jobs are not considered; I guess it might had been referred to those jobs which are only commission based without a principal salary!
No, commission-based remuneration is explicitly ACCEPTED as part of the definition of full-time work : )

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/definitions.asp?letterNum=6

"For FSW applications received on or after May 4, 2013

Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, and pursuant to R73(2), “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned."

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
No, commission-based remuneration is explicitly ACCEPTED as part of the definition of full-time work : )

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/definitions.asp?letterNum=6

"For FSW applications received on or after May 4, 2013

Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, and pursuant to R73(2), “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned."

Oh Great , Thanks a bunch for this reference ; Gave me a soothing feel :)