+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Within canada on vacation got pr approved

Mar 4, 2017
Hi guys..finally after 7 years apart from my husband....a few things we were on vacation here when our pr was approved. Thinking of going to niagra into us and back to become landed. Now...how soon can I get a job..health insurance and a SIN? Tysm for any info on and when do I recoeve the pr card

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but be aware of various posts on here that CBSA are reported to not be accepting any flagpoling for immigration activation other than Tues/Weds/Thurs. Maybe different if actually entering the US for a while and returning to Canada assuming you have a US visa or US visa exempt

OHIP for Ontario after 3 months, initial PR card mailed to a Canadian address in approx 6-8 weeks. To work you need to apply for a SIN at a Service Canada office where it should be issued on demand. Once you have a SIN you can start work immediately.

xMadMaxx

Feb 17, 2016
Saudi Arabia
LANDED..........
28-04-2007
Hi guys..finally after 7 years apart from my husband....a few things we were on vacation here when our pr was approved. Thinking of going to niagra into us and back to become landed. Now...how soon can I get a job..health insurance and a SIN? Tysm for any info on and when do I recoeve the pr card
When you say your PR was approved, did you get approved while in Canada and now have an immigration visa on your passport?!! or the application for immigration was approved and you need to go back to your home country and get the visa?!
Once you get he landing papers, you can apply for SIN @ a service Canada office and usually will get it (as a card) in 10 days. But they will give you your SIN number and can actually work from that moment provided you find job that easily ;)
To apply for Health card you need proof of address and 3 identification papers (landing paper, your passport and driving license)
https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card