+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

With TFWP WP - can i work and earn from one province and live in other

Sep 16, 2022
- I have a WP closed one (TFWP) and I am in BC currently, all my work is remote but with a condition that the person should be in Canada or US only ( hence rejecting the option of working from the home country)

what is the possibility of me moving to explore other providence for 6-7 months, So in principal I will continue to earn in BC wherein my tax from Salary will be deducted but i will stay in any province
- I have checked with multiple ppl and consultants no one is sure is there any legal issues with this? Considering in future I have to file for the PR and don't want any issue I am confused

Any suggestions will be welcomed

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
- I have a WP closed one (TFWP) and I am in BC currently, all my work is remote but with a condition that the person should be in Canada or US only ( hence rejecting the option of working from the home country)

what is the possibility of me moving to explore other providence for 6-7 months, So in principal I will continue to earn in BC wherein my tax from Salary will be deducted but i will stay in any province
- I have checked with multiple ppl and consultants no one is sure is there any legal issues with this? Considering in future I have to file for the PR and don't want any issue I am confused

Any suggestions will be welcomed
If the WP says BC you are supposed to live permanently in BC. Does the WP say BC (and even a city) on it or Canada? If you spend 6-7 months out of BC you won’t even qualify for healthcare in BC. Short holidays are your only option unless your WP doesn’t specify a specific location. WP comes with restrictions. Did the job posting for the LMIA say anywhere in North America remote job?