July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi
Did anybody applied for biz immigration without a lawyers help?

I did talk to a lawyer and it seems they r all about money.

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Which Business immigration program you are considering to apply for?

Is it Investor or provincial nominee program for business?

life2010

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Originally buffalo but now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Civil engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Nomination.....
April 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Provincial

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Any body can apply on own without needing representation from a lawyer.

Any consultant or lawyer will charge a fee for advise as this is what they do to earn their bread.

you do not need a lawyer but if you do not feel comfortable apply yourself then retaining the services of an immigration lawyer/consultant will better choice.

life2010

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Originally buffalo but now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Civil engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Nomination.....
April 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
I don't mind hiring a lawyer, but I want to make sure I know what the lawyer is promising.

Before the contract they say something and later it's a different story.

I want a honest lawyer who tells me the correct advice and not rather just want to make money by misguiding

You know what I mean

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I asked a lawyer some questions a few days ago he gave me the wrong answers, avoid them if you can and save your money

Loantran

Nov 2, 2012
hi,
i found a useful information from cic
maybe it is going to help your decision :)
I can not post link so i will paste the content here @@

Use an authorized immigration representative

Authorized immigration consultants, lawyers, Québec notaries, and paralegals regulated by a law society are people who can offer immigration advice to applicants. Some applicants may choose to use such a representative to act on their behalf with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the Immigration and Refugee Board or the Canada Border Services Agency.

There are two types of immigration representatives: paid and unpaid.
Paid immigration representatives

Only the following people may charge a fee or receive any other type of consideration, to represent or advise you in connection with a Canadian immigration proceeding or application:

lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society
Notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec, and
Immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will not deal with non-authorized immigration representatives who charge for their services.
Other people who offer paid immigration advice

With the coming into force of Bill C-35, on June 30, 2011 anyone who provides paid advice prior to the filing of an application or the commencement of a proceeding must be an authorized representative. This means that some third parties who were not formerly required to be recognized to provide paid advice will now have to refer people to an authorized representative or become authorized themselves. Some examples of paid advice or representation that will now be captured through the implementation of Bill C-35 include:

representing the applicant during an immigration proceeding by speaking on their behalf.
providing guidance to a client on how to select the best immigration stream and complete the appropriate forms.

Unpaid immigration third parties

Unpaid third parties, such as family members, friends, non-governmental or religious organizations will still be allowed to act on your behalf.

To protect your privacy, CIC will not share any of your personal information with your consultant, lawyer, and other representative unless you provide your written consent using the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form.

wantogo

Jan 9, 2011
I myself applied to NB PNP and now i am in NB already. You can do it yourselves. If you need more further information, do not hesitate to send me email to: wantogocanada@yahoo.com.
Good luck

linh14

Star Member
Dec 23, 2010
You can totally do it by yourself, because CIC website provides you alllllll the needed guides and forms.

But. always a but or butts.

1. this is your first time fill in application forms. And there are tons of them. So you might miss written somewhere, give out wrong information, or too much information. an experienced laywer knows what to do. they have been filling plenty of forms.
2. For those come from third world (and most of the immigration come from 3rd world countries), the administration systems aint perfect as in civilized countries. Client might not be able to obtain certain documents (tax, business liences, prove for asset...) Now, an authorized and "well known" laywer come in, write letter to explain to CIC officers- who are mostly, well, kinda narrow minded).
3. Laywers will help the client to build his case, to write a narrative, base on provided documents, in order to prove that since he's 18 until now, he has owned his asset legally (paid tax, no laundary money...)
4. an experienced Laywer know what forms needed, so it eliminates the chance that you forget to submit certain forms, which leads to delay in process, leads to longer waiting time.

So... for those who has some money and wants to save time, find a good registered law firm, or laywer, pay some money. In exchange, you life will be simplifed, at least for 2-3 year waiting time.

Jun 14, 2013
Hi life2010,

You can proceed with the process without a lawyer, but there are many obstacles.
I do sympathize the fact that he's not giving you a straight answer in regards to information as well as pricing.

We are a consulting company that assists with study permits in Canada mainly but we can also help with provincial business immigration, we are members of CIC, so guarantee you won't be cheated. If you are at all interested, feel free to shoot me an email! Good luck!