+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will writing to your local MP help

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
Hello everybody, there is huge difference in processing times from one centre to another. Few locations in Ontario seems way ahead than rest of the country. What you think about writing to your local member of parliament to raise this issue and bring some discipline? Has anybody done this before? Afterall more Canadian citizens means more votes for these politicians and they should work for that.

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
I agree with you about the processing fairness issue. However, I do not believe that raising the point "more Canadian citizens means more votes for these politicians and they should work for that" again will progress anything. I believe that RQ campaigns tried to use that point before with no success.

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
I think the more Canadians thing is an sword of double edge, we can vote for, or against them. If there are in power, it means the current citizens voted for them. But will new citizens vote for them as well? probably no, so why would they want more canadian citizens that might not vote for them? (just a thought) :-\

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no reason not to write to your MP. There's no harm or risk in doing it as long as it's done respectfully and it could help educate your MP and staff about fairness issues related to the citizenship delays.

It's not going to change the world on a dime, but it's still worth doing.